It was a rainy Sunday afternoon, and hubby and I felt like a sweet treat that also filled us up. We opened the pantry, pulled out some random ingredients, and these little delights of protein, fiber, antioxidants, and essential fats were created. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
- 1 + 1/4 cup oats (I could only find quick organic oats, but they worked really well).
- 2 tbsp almond butter or any nut butter.
- 4-5 tbsp coconut oil.
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup (we didn’t make them too sweet, so feel free to increase the honey or add extra stevia).
- 2 tbsp raw cacao.
- 2 tbsp chia seeds.
- 3-4 tbsp protein powder (we used plain rice protein powder).
- 3 tbsp goji berries.
- 1 tbsp maca powder.
- Handful of pumpkin seeds or any seeds.
1. Mix everything together really well.
2. Add a splash of water, a little more nut butter/coconut oil/honey if the mixture is too dry, or a little more oats or even some almond meal if the mixture is too wet.
3. Press down into a brownie tin and refrigerate for 20mins before they’re ready to be sliced and enjoyed.
P.S. You could roll them into bliss balls or even an ice-tray for bite-sized delights.